Wellness for Warriors in Healthcare
The Recharge Card Set
Simple yoga and mindfulness tips and techniques for stress-reduction and wellbeing.
All 5 Recharge Cards Are Explained Below
We hope these explanations help you to practice these techniques on your own.
“I am even-minded and cheerful at all times. I know that joy is not outside me, but within.”
- Learn the role of positivity in your ability to stay calm and live with joy
- Practical ways to overcome negative thoughts when they arise
- Learn a powerful prayer for peace and harmony in conflicts or crises
- Use affirmations to change your attitudes, behaviors, and outcomes
- Learn how you can shift the surrounding environment with your positivity
“Circumstances are neutral, it is our reaction to them that makes them positive or negative.”
- Learn about the body-mind connection and how it relates to chronic tension
- Overcome the habit of tension, restlessness, and anxiety
- Practice yoga postures for health and spiritual development
- Learn preparation for deep meditation
- Take control of your energy
“Awareness precedes control.”
- 3Ms for keeping your energy uplifted: Mindfulness, Monitoring, and Magnetism
- Become aware of your energy and where you direct it with your will power
- Notice the levels of your energy throughout the day in order to improve
- The importance of kindness, empathy, and compassion for success
- Techniques to reduce fatigue, depression, or lack of mental clarity
- How to take calmness with you wherever you go and maintain a sense of calmness for colleagues in stressful situations
“Never think of divine joy as distant from you, and it will be with you always.”
- Learn the purpose of meditation and its proven benefits
- Practice a simple technique to quiet the restless mind
- Discover how breath influences your mind, body, and energy
- Learn the most effective ways to awaken your true potential
- Practice self-compassion and self-care through daily habits such as meditation
“Live each present moment completely and the future will take care of itself. Fully enjoy the wonder and beauty of each instant.”
- Gain tools to prevent healthcare burnout and increase job satisfaction
- Learn how to let go of the day, negativity, and built-up emotions
- Face challenging moments and people in crisis with calmness and courage
- Create a more harmonious environment with coworkers and at home
- Find gratitude in each experience
- Learn positive coping mechanisms
Meet the Instructors
Our health educators specialize in wellness, meditation, and the need for these tools in daily life. They all practice meditation twice daily, practicing Kriya Yoga, the scientific method of meditation mentioned in Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda.
Simon Bedwell is from Australia and has a background as an Intensive Care Paramedic. He has spent the last 5 years working in the private sector teaching respiratory physiology in the areas of ventilation, noninvasive ventilation, and nasal high flow as used in critical care situations. He has been practicing kriya yoga techniques since 2015 and is a certified Ananda meditation teacher. Simon has an interest in the treatment and prevention of Post Traumatic Stress (PTS).
Kalamali Joy M.P.H. is trained in communications, health education programming, and meditation instruction. She enjoys working one-on-one with those seeking success and happiness, and uses her background to help individuals stay motivated to achieve their goals. She has authored the books, The Yoga of Marketing: Inspiration Over Information and The Yoga of Joy: Awakening the Warrior Within. Kalamali enjoys writing more tips for joyful living through her blog at kalamali.com.
Samiran Patel M.D. has worked for the past 11 years as a Pulmonary Critical Care Physician in the Kansas City area. Inspired by the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, he has been regularly practicing Kriya Yoga meditation since 2014. He finds its benefits invaluable for stress management in his professional and personal life. Meditation allows him to adapt to the challenges of an ever-changing healthcare environment.
Allie (Gayatri) Regester has a B.S. from the University of Delaware with a nursing major and concentration in Holistic and Integrative Medicine, as well as Public Health Initiatives. She has since worked as a labor and delivery nurse with high-risk and urban populations. She is also a certified yoga and meditation teacher and believes these scientific techniques can support both healthcare worker and patient well-being--improve health outcomes, and foster more joyful and meaningful lives. Gayatri offers coachings and more at lnk.bio/gayatriaum.
The Recharge Card Is Part of the Wellness for Warriors in Healthcare Program
Created to raise awareness for
- the importance of self-compassion
- the effectiveness of short but consistent mindfulness meditation
- the power of energy control and breathwork
- the power of affirmations
to stay calm and centered
despite challenging workplace environments, resource shortages, and the stresses of a healthcare professionals' everyday life.